11/02/2011

Couponing

So it is no known secret with my family and close friends that I am indeed addicted to shopping. However, I have always been a huge bargain shopper and rarely will I buy something if it is not on sale or I do not have a coupon for. Shoes are my favorite to buy and that's why I can have 60 pair because I coupon, buy on sales etc.
The biggest money saver for me though is in groceries. In an average month I spend roughly $200-$300 depending upon what hygiene items I need to stock up on. Whenever there are buy 10 for a killer deal I will, for example if it is toothpaste (only crest). That way I save money in the long run. This is how I do it:

-I plan out a month worth of meals, it really is not that difficult and that way if I am not feeling like spaghetti one night I can look down the road and see hmm I have stuff to make tacos that sounds better to me. I also pack lunches for matt at work (most days now) and cook a good healthy breakfast to.
-I clip coupons and read if I can use them on multiple items and if I can also apply other coupons to it. I take the old newspapers people (neghibors, family, friends) don't want and clip out of those as well. I also search on websites. For example I needed more laundry detergent and that stuff is expensive. I had a coupon I clipped for $2 and went onto the tide website and they happened to have a consumer coupon that could be applied with any other offers for $1.75, I waited until Smiths had a sale on the tide and ended up getting 50 loads for $5.20. NEVER PAY FULL PRICE
- I love fresh fruits and vegetables so I get a bountiful basket most weeks and I am able to incorporate them into most of the meals I have planned. Some turn out to be a masterpiece and others a smasterpiece. I also never buy more fresh food than I can use in one week because otherwise it goes bad.
- I buy lots of items that have double rewards points. That way I get more coupons in the mail as well as the cash out for however many points I have. So I could get $50.00 a month for just spending money on certain items. Items we all use daily
-I always buy what is on sale or that is generic. There are somethings I like brand names for and those I wait until they are on sale to get and I stock up. Like toothpastes and deodorants, razor blades etc.

In a nut shell this is basically how I do it. Just got home from the grocery store today, I spent $217.40 (saved $63.62) and got all of this....

Lots of produce, canned veggies, soups, broths, cat food, dog food, chips, drinks,

It is hard to see it all but I tried to get most of it to where it wouldn't be to hidden

No comments:

Post a Comment